Grosvenor Cottage, Main Street, Gullane, East Lothian EH31 2DREnquire about this property
Offers over £595,000
- 2 Bathrooms
- Driveway Parking
- Council Tax Band E
HIGHLY DESIRABLE AREA
BEAUTIFUL FAMILY HOME
LARGE SUNNY GARDENS
Council Tax BandE
ParkingYesEnquire about this property
An extremely rare opportunity has arisen to purchase this charming 4 bed semi-detached villa full of character, situated in the thriving East Coast village of Gullane, just 18 miles north east of Edinburgh - a highly desireable residential area. Grosvenor Cottage was constructed in around 1910 and features in the book ‘Buildings of Scotland’ by Colin McWilliam.
The property is within a short walk of the village centre and its’ excellent amenities which, as well as a variety of shops, includes a health centre/doctors surgery, tennis courts, bowling green, gym and a choice of first class restaurants. There is a very reputable primary school in the village and North Berwick High School provides secondary education.
Grosvenor Cottage offers excellent flexible family living space with ample opportunity for future extension. The accommodation consists of:-
- Welcoming Hallway with open wooden balustrade.
- Living Room - large 4-panelled, semi-astragalled bay window, original decorative fireplace.
- Dining Room - a bright room with large semi-astragalled window, original decorative fireplace and shelved cupboard.
- Kitchen - spacious family kitchen with ample storage and plenty room for a table.
- Shower Room - tastefully designed with large corner shower.
- Half Landing - very bright area with large 3-panel astragalled window. Large storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 1 - main bedroom overlooking front garden with 4 panel astragal window, original fireplace.
- Bedroom 2 - overlooking front garden with 4 panel astragal window, large under coomb storage cupboard and original fireplace.
- Bedroom 3 - to rear with original corner fireplace
- Bedroom 4 - to rear with storage under 3 panel astragal window. Original fireplace. Currently used as an office
- Bathroom - Bath with shower, wash basin and toilet.
The property benefits from gas central heating throughout. Excellent storage which is further enhanced by the large floored attic.
A large and sunny garden to the front and a well established private garden to the rear mostly laid to grass with flower beds around the perimeter and two mature apple trees – it is the perfect space for al-fresco dining and entertaining.
The gravel driveway to the side of the property has plenty parking for 4 cars.
Integrated appliances, carpets, light fittings, all blinds, selection of light fittings, garden shed
Gullane, just 18 miles north east of Edinburgh, is internationally famous for its three golf courses as well as Luffness, Archerfield, Renaissance and Muirfield all within easy walking distance. Gullane lies on the John Muir Way, a long distance footpath which takes in the Gullane Bents, the village’s award-winning beach, backed by large sand dunes. Many excellent walks around Aberlady, Gullane and Dirleton together with a variety of outdoor activities attract locals and visitors alike.
Ideally situated for commuting to Edinburgh with easy access to the major road network and railway line serviced by stations at Drem and North Berwick which are both just 4 miles away, not to mention an excellent bus service to Edinburgh city centre and surrounding areas.
By appointment with Gibson Estate Agents on 0131 297 3177